Gillian is an associate member of Stock Feed Manufacturers’ Council of Australia and is accredited to conduct FeedSafe audits for feed manufacturers.
To obtain FeedSafe accreditation, feed manufacturers are required to undergo annual site audits, conducted by a third-party food safety auditor. Feed manufacturers are required to implement HACCP as part of their accreditation.
FeedSafe requires feed manufacturers to meet certain standards in the following areas;
- Premises and mill buildings
- Personnel training and qualifications
- Plant and equipment
- Raw material sourcing and purchasing
- Raw material quality and storage
- Feed formulation and manufacturing
- Product labelling
- Loading, transport and delivery to clients
- Product inspection, sampling and testing
- Customer complaint investigation and recall
If you would like further information on FeedSafe audits contact Gillian directly.